We’ve put together all the most important information on this page. Select which section you would like to read.
The term ‘Ultimate Wedding Magazine’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 11 Larks Rise, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 1RG. Our company registration number is 07803850, England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
UWM refers to Ultimate Wedding Magazine Ltd when mentioned on this website.
UWM is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
UWM may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information which is provided by yourself when entering a competition:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- When entering a competition, we will pass your details onto the competition promoter only.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the competitions are open to all UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Competitions are not open to employees and the immediate family of Ultimate Wedding Magazine Ltd, or anyone professionally connected to the prize draws.
- Please see individual prize draw for closing date as these vary.
- Automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
- If Extra Terms are displayed below the competition form, these will also apply.
- When entering competitions, we will pass your details onto the competition promoter only.
- Only one entry per person.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- There is no cash or alternative to the prizes stated, and the prizes are not transferable.
- Ultimate Wedding Magazine Ltd cannot be held responsible for if the prize does not reach the winner for any reason outside of our control or if the prize is damaged during delivery.
- If winners are unable to take the prize for whatever reason, a redraw will take place.
- The winners will be notified via email within 28 days of the closing date, unless stated otherwise.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The draws will be held within 7 days of the closing date, unless otherwise stated. The winners will be the first entries drawn.
- Unless otherwise stated, winners must accept prizes within one month of notification or a redraw will take place.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if necessary.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity resulting from these prize draws.
- Unless otherwise stated, the promoter is Ultimate Wedding Magazine Ltd.
- UWM Offers is exclusive to current advertisers within the magazine.
- Offers are valid for a 3 month period only and will then be removed from the system.
- Only two offers per month to be posted, no re-posting as this is unfair on other advertisers.
- Posts will be approved before they are visible online. This is to check for quality and advertising status.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication by the Publisher except in so far as shall otherwise specifically be agreed in writing by the Publisher, notwithstanding that the Advertiser may choose to provide a confirmation, purchase order or any other document containing other terms and conditions and the Advertiser shall not be entitled to rely on any representatives or warranty, express or implied, not contained herein.
- All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available. Every effort will be made to place an advertisement in the section apparently most relevant to the Advertiser, but the Publisher reserves the right to make the final decision as to the position of the advertisement.
- Any free listing facility is offered ex gratia and whilst the Publisher will consider the wishes of the Advertiser, the Publisher reserves the final decision whether to include the same and as to its format and wording and shall not be required to obtain the approval thereto of the Advertiser.
- The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any statute regulations made there under nor is it in any way defamatory or illegal or an infringement of any other party’s rights, or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice.
- The Advertiser will indemnify and keep indemnified the Publisher in full against any loss, costs and expenses howsoever incurred by the Publisher arising out of the advertisement or in respect of any breach by the Advertiser of these terms and conditions. The Publisher will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which any claim against the Publisher in respect of which indemnity is sought is handled.
- The Publisher reserves the right to omit an advertisement at any time in its absolute discretion: such an omission shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as possible. The Publisher shall repay any sums paid to the Publisher in respect of the omitted advertisement but shall not be liable for damages of any kind.
- All reasonable care will be taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for errors due to the acts of default of third parties or sub-contractors or inaccurate copy instructions or other acts or defaults beyond its reasonable control. The Publisher shall not be liable for any errors in the advertisement unless proof is returned in ample time for corrections to be made before the publication goes to press.
- The Publisher shall have no responsibility if the advertisement is not published on the agreed date as a result of a strike, lock-out, fire, storm, flood, riot, explosion, breakdown of machinery or other event over which the Publisher has no control.
- The Publisher does not warrant any particular publication date.
- Advertisements are accepted on condition that the price binds the publisher only in respect of the next issue going to press.
- Invoices are strictly net payable by the Advertiser without set off or deduction on the following terms:- The full balance of the invoice is due 14 days of receiving it. This is due to the advertising funding the production of the magazine. Interest will be charged on a daily basis on overdue accounts at the rate of 1.12% per month on the outstanding balance.
- All insertions shall be submitted by the Advertiser by the closing date in an acceptable electronic and/or mechanical form unless the Publisher receives the advertising in an acceptable electronic and/or mechanical form as from the Advertiser, or if the Publisher is required to perform additional production work as a result of the Advertiser’s failure to conform to the Publisher’s requirements, the Publisher reserves the right to make additional charges to the Advertiser for the cost of such production work.
- If the Advertiser cancels the Publisher must be notified and the Advertiser must pay the invoice in full, as agreed on the booking form.
- The Advertiser must supply copy to the Publisher by the copy date. If the copy instructions are not received by the copy date, the Publisher may treat the Advertiser as having cancelled. If the Publisher elects to place the advertisement no guarantee can be given that proof will be supplied or corrections made.
- Advertiser’s property, artwork, etc. are held at the Advertiser’s risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork which has been in its possession for 12 months. Additionally, the Publisher reserves the right to retain all artwork until the Advertiser’s account has been settled in full.
- In no event shall the liability of the Publisher for any breach of contract or in tort exceed the price paid by the Advertiser for the advertisement.
- In no event shall the Publisher have any liability, either in contract or in tort, for any consequential loss or damage including loss or profit.
- In the event the Advertiser fails to pay any sums hereunder and as a consequence thereof a legal action is commenced, the Advertiser agrees to pay, as additional or liquidated damages for legal fees incurred by the Publisher a sum equal to fifteen percent (15%) of the outstanding amount due under this agreement plus costs provided by any applicable statute.
- This agreement shall be deemed to have been entered into in England at the Publisher’s place of business and shall not be construed to confer jurisdiction over the Publisher in any jurisdiction other than in England.